Monday, May 22, 2006

Call me!

My phone number has all the integers from 1 to 7 except one number. The missing digit is the number of times the 1's appear in the number.

The 1's always immediately follow the 2's, and are, very conveniently, equispaced.

If you remove the 1's and the 2's, the rest of the digits form a number that is a product of three prime numbers. The first prime has a single digit, the second has two digits and the third has three.

Find it!

ps: Don't friggin look at your address book...
pps: If you do figure it out, you'd better give me a holler, feller. :)

ppps: Its a US number with 10 digits.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2176214521
-Satish

Tue May 23, 09:08:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a recommendation for another puzzle:
As you know, most coins are not perfect (i.e. the probability of headsis not equal to the probability of tails). So here is a simple probability exercise. Given a biased coin with p(heads)=p (obviously p is not a half), how would you simulate a fair coin?
-Satish

Tue May 23, 09:11:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do all the 1s follow all the 2s?

Tue May 23, 09:18:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the puzzle posted above,I was thinking that you may toss the coin and flip it every alternate toss.

Tue May 23, 09:26:00 AM 2006  
Blogger littlecow said...

Satish gets it right!

Tue May 23, 11:57:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a not so math problem for you.
My old friend Mr. BJB, once set out from his house and walked one mile south, turned left and walked a mile, turned left again and walked another mile to reach his house.

Question : Where does my friend live ?

Sun Oct 29, 11:23:00 PM 2006  
Blogger littlecow said...

@Janas: Here is the answer to your question:

I have nowhere to go;
I am in no hurry.
I sniff the morning air;
and taste the fresh dew.
I lurk around and enjoy
The company of my friends.
I relax and revel and
Watch the wonderful sunrise.
I dont chase goals;
I dont worry much;
I fill my days to make
Everyday a new experience.
Learn from me;
I am the polar bear!

Mon Oct 30, 10:34:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home